Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mid August already??

Well, that was a round about way to get here. It has actually been so long since I last posted I forgot how to get here, lol.

Well the summer is just rolling along much too fast as usual. My husband is working very hard on the entry room to our house. The entire floor had to be taken up and new rafters put in! It is very work intensive poor guy, but he is really making fast progress. We hope to get the new floor in and the wood stove hooked up by the end of September, so stay tuned. Gotta have a plan B with those oil prices!

On another note my daughter and grandsons have returned home to Virginia. I wish they lived closer! Soon my son-in-law will retire after this last trip to Iraq and I hope they buy a home here in Maine. Although I know they are glad to be back among all their stuff I sure do miss them and my house is much too quiet now! Hopefully they will come back up for a week during Thanksgiving. :)

I suppose I should have started this blog out with a little introduction to me and my family. Well, better late than never.....my household includes myself, my husband Deane, and my mother, Helen. I have two daughters, Nicole, who is 30 and Brandy, who is 21. I love them both dearly and only wish I had continued to have more! I had a little boy who was the apple of my eye, but he drowned at age 6 back in 1987 just hours before Brandy was born. I miss him each and every day. The pain never goes away totally, but you realize you have to continue living and my girls have helped me do just that. I now have two grandsons, Austin age 10 and Dylan age 3. They keep you laughing with all their antics! Austin is artistic and very smart for his age. Dylan we suspect will be more sports oriented for he is very very busy at 3 with an amazing imagination! We have two cats, Emmy and Gemini. I have a male newfoundland dog named Boo, who goes close to 200 pounds and my hubbie has a female newfoundland/st. bernard dog named Dazey. I also have a quarter horse named Dusty who is the grandpa of the barn at age 35 and a new addition of a Hackney pony named Peppermint, who is just a teen at 17 years old.
My animals should all be named therapy, because that is what they bring to me. I always can find peace and quiet with my animals. Besides, they really do not care whether you get out of your jammies or even if ya got hay in your hair, lol. Gotta love' em!

I am excited about Fall in the air. Yes, I know it is still August, but here in Maine lately you can just feel Fall in the air! I love all the colors, I always have more energy once the humidity is gone, and who does not like the look of a pumpkin on the doorstep?? Yep, I have already picked up my first mum plant. :)

Well, I hope to make a habit out of blogging, if not on a daily basis, I will try to do it on a weekly basis. Stay tuned for the next update in Karen's life. :) You never know what that next day might bring.....

No comments: